If you are facing a criminal charge, hiring the right criminal law defense attorney is the first step you should take. The legal team at GPS Law Group will handle your case with uniquely tailored solutions to guide you through the criminal law system in North Carolina. Our experienced lawyers will explain the process as well as any additional information you need to know to get the best results for your circumstances.
At GPS Law Group, we can schedule a consultation to learn more about your options and what to expect. Coming prepared with the proper information and documents will help your lawyer become more familiar with your case. Here is a breakdown of everything you need to know to prepare for your consultation with one of our seasoned criminal law attorneys.
What To Do If You’ve Been Charged with A Crime
Facing a criminal charge is a stressful experience and many people are unfamiliar with both the process and their rights. Here are a few things to remember if you get arrested:
- Remain calm and request an attorney immediately
- Cooperate with the police while exercising your right to remain silent
- Do not discuss your case without your attorney present
- Remember, calls from jail could be recorded
- Remember the details before, during, and after your arrest
- Understand the penalties you face and when your court dates are scheduled
Contacting the GPS Law Group is the single most important thing you can do to help your case. We have experience in a multitude of legal matters, including underage drinking, assault & battery, traffic violations, shoplifting, minor drug offenses, trespassing, and DUI/DWI charges.
Questions During Your Consultation
In North Carolina, the GPS Law Group can help ease the burden of facing a criminal case by providing you with attorneys who specialize in criminal law. Some important questions to discuss at your consultation are:
- What are your credentials and education in criminal law?
- How long have you been practicing criminal law?
- What percent of your cases are similar to mine?
- How often do your cases go to trial?
- What percent of those cases get dismissed/reduced sentences?
- Will you be the one working my case?
- What strategy would you suggest for my case?
- Are non-trial options available?
For your lawyer to best assist your case, bring relevant documents to your consultation. The attorneys at GPS Law Firm will treat your case with the care and due diligence you deserve during this difficult time to get you the best possible outcome.
Serving the residents of Charlotte, Gastonia, Concord, Huntersville, and surrounding communities in Mecklenburg County, Rowan County, Cabarrus County, Iredell County, Gaston County in North Carolina, attorneys at GPS Law Group have been helping clients since 1992. GPS Law Group has grown significantly over the years, thanks to our legal experience, commitment to our clients, and the honest and diligent way in which we handle cases.