Whether you are pursuing adoption or if you need help drafting a separation agreement, we can expertly and professionally handle all your family law needs.
Family law is one of the most emotionally charged areas of our legal services. Here at GPS Law Group, we are committed to bringing the utmost professionalism and compassion to all the areas of the law in which we work in Cornelius, North Carolina, but especially to our family law cases. We want to help you navigate a challenging situation and find the best way forward.
When it comes to family law, there are many different possible legal needs, including:
- Divorce and separation proceedings: Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, we can help resolve the end of your marriage.
- Child custody and child support: We will bring all our compassion and diligence to the table as child custody and child support are discussed.
- Domestic violence: If domestic violence has been an issue in your family, we will work carefully to protect those who need to be protected moving forward.
- Property divisions: Property divisions can be agreed upon outside of court or decided by a judge in court. Either way, we will make sure you have the best representation possible.
- Alimony and post-separation support: While alimony is less common these days, there are still circumstances that warrant it. It is important to know that alimony must be requested before a divorce is finalized or you miss your opportunity to file.
- Adoptions: A formal adoption is an exciting step forward for any family. We will work hard to make sure all the necessary paperwork is in place, allowing you to just enjoy the moment.
- Name changes: We can help make sure that everything is taken care of properly for your name change.
Whatever type of family law services you need, give us a call today to schedule a consultation.
At GPS Law Group, we offer family law services to those in Charlotte, Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Matthews, Mint Hill, Pineville, Concord, Harrisburg, Gastonia, Salisbury, Statesville, and Kannapolis, North Carolina.